Majora's Mask 3D Heart Pieces
Our Majora's Mask 3D Heart Pieces guide will cover the location of every Piece of Heart in Majora's Mask 3D. The Majora's Mask 3D Heart Piece guide covers the requirements needed to acquire the full 20 heart containers from the game minus the ones found in dungeons. The are a total of 52 Heart Pieces in the game.
Majora's Mask 3D Heart Piece Locations
- Head to South Clock Town and find the Business Scrub in the center of the west side of the map. Trade him the Moon's Tear for a Town Title Deed. Now use the Deku Flower to fly to the ledge of Clock Tower and pick up the Piece of Heart.
- Trade the Town Title Deed to the Business Scrub outside of the Swamp Tourist Center as normal Link in the Southern Swamp for the Swamp Title Deed. Now use the Deku Flower to fly to the roof of the Swamp Tourist Center to find the Heart Piece.
- Trade the Swamp Title Deed to the Business Scrub to the south side of Goron Village as Deku Link after talking to him as Goron Link for the Mountain Title Deed. Now use the Deku Flower to fly to the southern ledge to find the Piece of Heart.
- Talk with the Zora looking into the keyhole at the north of Zora Hall. Enter the door and trade the Mountain Title Deed to the Business Scrub in Zora Hall as Goron Link after talking with him as Zora Link for the Ocean Title Deed. Use the Deku Flower to fly up to the ledge with the Heart Piece.
- Trade the Ocean Title Deed to the Business Scrub in the southeast corner of Ikana Canyon for 200 rupees. Now use the Deku Flower to fly over the ledge to the east to find the Piece of Heart.
- Go to North Clock Town and find the pillars in the northeast corner near a tree. Climb to the top of them and jump over to the tree to the west for the Heart Piece.
- Go to the Swordsman's School at the north of West Clock Town and play the Expert Course. Use a Jump Attack to slice down the center of every log to get 30 points. Do this and the Swordsman will give you the Piece of Heart.
- Go slight southwest after leaving Clock Town via the south exit into Termina Field to find a large patch of grass between some trees. Fall down the hole in the center under the butterflies. Defeat the enemy to spawn a big chest, which contains the Heart Piece.
- Drop down the hole in the northwest part of Termina Field to find 2 Dodongos. Defeat them using bombs to spawn a big chest, which contains the Piece of Heart.
- Use the Deku Flower on the west side of North Clock Town to reach inside the southern fence to find the Deku Scrub Playground. Drop down the hole and win at the mini-game on all 3 days to get the Heart Piece.
- Go to the Post Office during 3PM-12AM on the first day or 5PM-12AM on the second day and talk with the Postman. Play his game and get exactly 10.00 to win the Piece of Heart.
- Go to West Clock Town during nighttime to find a pair of dancing people. Target one of them and dance while wearing Kamaro's Mask to get this Heart Piece.
- Enter the Stock Pot Inn at night time through the second floor entrance. Between 12AM-6AM – there will be a hand in the toilet. Give it a letter or a Land Title Deed to get this Piece of Heart.
- After giving the Moon's Tear to the Business Scrub in South Clock Town – head to the Astral Observatory and use the telescope. Look to the left of Clock Town to find the Business Scrub flying around. Watch him until he enters a small hole in the ground.
Now travel to the hole and fall down. The Business Scrub will sell you a Piece of Heart for 150 rupees. Say "No Thanks" and the price will lower to 100 rupees. Buy it at this price to get the Heat Piece.
- Travel to North Clock Town and find the pillars by the tree in the northeast corner. Put on the Keaton Mask and slash one of the bushes. They will start shaking and eventually disappear. A Keaton will appear, which you need to speak with for a quiz. Pass the Keaton quiz for the Piece of Heart.
- Equip the Postman’s Hat and check a post box in Clock Town to get this Heart Piece.
- Exit south Termina Field to the path leading to the Southern Swamp. Find the tree in the center and kill all of the bats. Climb up the vines to get the Piece of Heart.
- Shoot down Tingle on the Road to Southern Swamp and take a Pictograph. Show it to the guy at the Swamp Tourist Center while the swamp is still poisoned to get the Heart Piece.
- Go to the Deku Palace and pass the guards with the Deku Mask. Enter the Inner Palace Garden to the west and travel to the end of the maze, making sure not to be seen. There will be a Piece of Heart sitting there waiting for you.
- Travel to Woodfall and use the Deku Flowers to reach the big chest to the northeast of the map. From the Owl Statue – use the Deku Flower to head to the platform to the south and then continue using the Deku Flowers until you reach the big chest, which contains the Heart Piece.
- There are 4 holes in Termina Field with 4 Gossip Stone in them. One is northeast of the entrance to North Clock Town before you enter the snowy area. The second is underneath the boulder north of the entrance to West Clock Town.
The third is between the entrance to Southern Swamp and Milk Road near the wall. The final hole is to the left of the Astral Observatory when you are facing it. Play the Sonata of Awakening in front of each of the large Gossip Stones while wearing the Deku Mask to get the Piece of Heart.
- Go to the Doggy Racetrack in Romani Ranch. Use the Mask of Truth (can be accomplished without it) to find a dog that says something like, “There’s no way I can lose!” Carry it over to the lady and bet 50 rupees. If it wins – you get a Heart Piece; otherwise, try again. These dogs have the best odds at winning. You must bet 50 rupees to get the Piece of Heart after winning.
- Get a perfect score – which is 50 – at the Town Shooting Gallery in East Clock Town. It costs 20 rupees to play and it was faster to aim the bow using the motion controls. Do this to get the Heart Piece.
- Score over 2,180 points in the Swamp Shooting Gallery on the Road to Southern Swamp. You have to get a perfect score with at least 6 seconds left to reach this score. This will get you the Piece of Heart.
- Get a perfect score on all 3 days at the Honey & Darling’s Shop in East Clock Town to get the Heart Piece. The first challenge is hitting targets with Bombchus, the second challenge is ringing baskets with Bombs, and the final challenge is shooting targets with arrows.
- Play the Treasure Chest Shop game while wearing the Goron Mask. Get to the big chest and open it within the time limit to get the Piece of Heart.
- Head to Ikana Graveyard on the second night and put on the Captain’s Hat. Speak with the 3 skeletons walking around the grave and order them to open it up. Drop down inside and walk through the fake wall to the north, which can be seen with the Lens of Truth. Continue north and go inside the door.
Use the Lens of Truth and kill the Skulltulas while going down the path to the west. Now go south and bomb the cracked wall. Continue south and go inside the door. Defeat the Iron Knuckle – you have to hit it to begin the battle – and a big chest will spawn containing the Heart Piece.
- Head to Ikana Graveyard on the second night and put on the Captain’s Hat. Speak with the 3 skeletons walking around the grave and order them to open it up. Drop down inside and walk north to find Dampe. Speak with him and agree to his plea. Target him and guide him to the soil.
Have Dampe dig them up and after finding 3 large flames – a large Poe will appear. One of the flames may be found using the switches to the north of the room. Defeat the Poe to spawn a big chest, which contains the Piece of Heart.
- Blow up the boulder in west Termina Field near the entrance heading to the Great Bay Coast. Drop down the hole and shoot the beehives off the ceiling. Now drop down into the water with the Zora Mask and grab the Heart Piece.
- Head to the Marine Research Lab in the Great Bay Coast area and feed the orange fish in the tank 6 fish, which make it grow large and eat the other fish. A Piece of Heart will be spit out by the fish so pick it up. You can easily find fish to feed it in the Stock Pot Inn kitchen.
- Head to the waterfall at the east side of Zora Cape and sink down with the Zora Mask. Kill the Like Like in the center to find the Heart Piece.
- There is a room containing a Piece of Heart in the lower level of the Pirates' Fortress. Simply head up the stairs and head east to find a switch behind the barrels. Press it and quickly head back down the stairs and into the room to get the Heart Piece. Use the switch to get out.
- Take a pictograph of a Gerudo in the Pirates’ Fortress and trade it for a Seahorse with the guy at the Fisherman’s Hut on the Great Bay Coast. Take the Seahorse to Pinnacle Rock between the two tall pillars off the coast.
After entering – release the Seahorse and follow it along the path. At the end of the path – the Seahorse will request you to help it. Now dive into the cavern ahead and kill all of the creatures. This will reunite the Seahorses. Speak with them to get the Piece of Heart.
- Speak with the Zora standing in front of the door in Zora Hall that has the seashells above it. Enter the room and use the hookshot to get to the upper level. Put on the Zora Mask and read the diary. Now exit the room and enter the next room to the north to find another Zora, which is named Japas.
Pull out the Ocarina while wearing the Zora Mask and play the parts from the diary with the Japas. The first part is L R Y L and the second part is R Y X R. Now exit this room and enter the next room. Play both parts together for the Zora as normal Link. It is Y Y R L L R Y L X X Y R R Y X R. The Zora will give you a Heart Piece.
- Use the hookshot in the Zora Cape area to travel up the ledges leading up to the water. Once you get to the top – enter the cave and use the Zora Mask to reach the beaver. Speak with it and race it.
Now race the beaver’s brother to get an Empty Bottle. Speak with them again and agree to race once more. A tip that helped us was to conserve magic for when you either missed up or need a small boost. Win both times again to get the Piece of Heart.
- Use the Lens of Truth to find the invisible ice platforms on the Road to Snowhead area and jump across to the end. Tatl will fly across to the platform. Now play the Scarecrow’s Song to spawn the Scarecrow. Use the hookshot to reach the Scarecrow and get the Heart Piece.
- Go to the northeastern side of Great Bay Coast are. There are a lot of ledges with some having poles on them. Hookshot the southernmost pole and continue until you find a patch of soil. Plant a Magic Bean, which is bought from the Bean Seller in the hole inside the Deku Palace.
Play the Song of Storms a couple time to make it grow. Ride the plant to the next platform and get off. Walk around until Tatl flies off and play the Scarecrow’s Song. Use the hookshot to get to it and the Piece of Heart is behind him so pick it up.
- Head into the northern house out of the two near each in the Great Bay Coast area to find the Oceanside Spider House. Blow up the cracked wall and slide down. Hookshot the target above the door ahead and enter the door. Burn the cobwebs off the eastern door and enter it. Put on the Captain’s Hat and talk to both of the Stalchildren in this room.
Write down the order they tell you. Exit the room and head north down the stairs. Enter the eastern door and talk to all of the Stalchildren to finish the order. Now shoot the masks on the wall in the correct order to open the gate forward. Head east and go up the stairs. Shoot the Skulltula and open the big chest to get the Heart Piece.
- During the first or second day – head to Anju's room at the Stock Pot Inn in East Clock Town to find her grandmother. Put on the All-Night Mask and speak with her. Listen to the first story – The Carnival of Time – and answer the top choice to the question to get the Piece of Heart.
- Do the same as the last Heart Piece except listen to the second story – The Four Giants. Answer the second choice to the question to get the Piece of Heart.
- Go to the Mayor’s Official Residence to the north of East Clock Town and enter the door on the west, which is the Mayor’s Office. Put on the Couple’s Mask and speak with the Mayor. After a short cutscene – the Mayor gives you the Heart Piece.
- Defeat Goht in the Snowhead Temple to melt the snow on the mountain. Now head to the Road to Goron Village and use the Zora Mask to sink to the bottom of the water. On the south side of the map is a big chest, which contains the Piece of Heart.
- Defeat Goht in the Snowhead Temple to melt the snow on the mountain. Put on Don Gero’s Mask and speak with the front on the lily pad in Mountain Village. Now head to the Laundry Pool area of Clock Town to find the second frog and speak with it with Don Gero's Mask. The third frog is on a log on the southeast side of the Southern Swamp.
The fourth and fifth frogs are in place of the mini-boss of Woodfall Temple and Great Bay Temple respectively. After speaking with all of the frogs – head back to the Mountain Village and speak with the first one again. Tell them to sing and you will get the Heart Piece.
- Defeat Gyorg in the Great Bay Temple and head to the Great Bay Coast. Head towards the center of the map to find a boat next to a sign. Jump on and ride it to the small islands. Use the hookshot on the tree to get to them and speak with the guy to play a mini-game for 20 rupees. Score 20 points or more to win a Piece of Heart.
- Enter the Spirit House to the north of Ikana Canyon and speak with the guy. Pay 30 rupees to play the mini-game. Defeat all of the Poe Sisters within 3 minutes without dropping down to 3 hearts to get the Heart Piece.
One technique to pull this off easily is to use the shield to block the attack of the first 3 sisters and use jump attacks to damage them. The last Poe Sister will spawn 4 times around you and one clone will spin. Shoot that one with arrows.
- Head to the Ancient Castle of Ikana and travel to the roof on the northern side of the map. Shoot the crystal switch to the northwest and hop over to the Deku Flower to the north. Use Deku Link to use the Deku Flowers to head east until you reach the Piece of Heart.
- Enter Ikana Canyon and hop into the water. Head west with the Zora Mask and exit to the Secret Shrine. Shoot the eye above the door with a Light Arrow and enter it to find the Mystery Man from a previous Heart Piece.
Now head to all four rooms and defeat the enemies. Head back to the center room to find the Mystery Man again. After a short dialog – a big chest will appear in the center of the room. Hop over to it and open the chest for a Heart Piece.
- Deposit 5,000 rupees into the Bank in South Clock Town to get this Piece of Heart. You can get rupees relatively quickly by killing the ReDeads in the Ancient Castle of Ikana.
- Once you reach the moon – speak with the kid wearing the Odolwa Mask and give him a mask to be transported to a mini-dungeon. Use the Deku Flowers to travel to the far right corner to find the Heart Piece sitting there so just pick it up.
- Once you reach the moon – speak with the kid wearing the Goht Mask and give him 2 masks to be transported to a mini-dungeon. Ramp from the start with Goron Link until you reach the area far along the path with the Gossip Stone. Stop rolling and go pick up the Piece of Heart a short walk away.
- Once you reach the moon – speak with the kid wearing the Gyorg Mask and give him 3 masks to be transported to a mini-dungeon. As Zora Link – jump down into the water and swim forward. Hit the switch and continue forward. Take the left path and continue.
Jump out of the water using the boost to reach the ledge before the gate closes. Do the same thing again except take the right path. Once more – do the same thing and take the middle path, which leads to a ledge with a Heart Piece sitting on it. Hop out of the water and pick it up.
- Once you reach the moon – speak with the kid wearing the Twinmold Mask and give him 4 masks to be transported to a mini-dungeon. This one is rather straight forward. Part way through is the final Piece of Heart just sitting there so pick it up.